What is your Social Media Strategy?
11/09/2018 Social Media
So, what is your Social Media Strategy? – I suggest that you Identify your Business Goals when using Social Media and remember one key thing “It’s all about your customer”
Set Social Media Objectives
Take time and set specific goals for each Social Media channel
Here are our examples
- Engage (Clicks, Shares, Followers) – having an online communication channels with your ideal customers and complimentary partners
- Generate, marketing lead generation, sales leads track ROI
- Inform – keeping your network up-to-date with latest facts, information and figures
- Develop – increase your brand and service awareness on line
Identify your Ideal Social Media Contacts
You need to be focused and specific. Connect with people that are interested in what you have to say and who will become your customers
Example: HR Managers, Directors, Training Mangers in the Aerospace Industry in the UK
Define your courses from the customer’s point of view.
- What does your course do for your ideal customer? (soft skills, update in legislation)
- What problems does your product solve for your customer? (Save Time, improve performance, Increase sales conversion)
- What needs of your customer does your course satisfy? (Increase sales, fill technical skills gap)
- How does your course improve your customer’s life or work? (enables promotion, enables them to hit targets, upskill to enhance production)
Define the ideal customer for the courses you want to promote.
- What is his or her age, education, occupation or business?
- What is his or her income or financial situation?
- What is his or her situation today in life or work?
Determine the specific benefits your customer is seeking in purchasing your courses.
Of all the benefits you offer, which are the most important to your ideal customer?
What are the most pressing needs that your product or service satisfies? Why should your customer buy from you rather than from someone else?
Determine the location of your exact customer.
Where is your customer located geographically? Where does your customer live or work? Where is your customer when he or she buys your product or service?
Determine exactly when your ideal customer buys your product or service.
What has to happen in the life or work of your customer for him to buy your product? What time of year, season, month or week does your customer buy?
Determine your customer’s buying strategy.
How does your customer buy your product or service? How has your customer bought similar products or services in the past? What is your customer’s buying strategy? How does your customer go about making a buying decision for your product?
Choose your Social Media Channels wisely
Identify which social media channels you want to focus on – I suggest if you are going to manage the process yourself choose three and then work on one at a time until you free confident and then add another one.
Here are the most commonly used platforms below for you to investigate
Plan Activity and Campaigns
To get your message out there you need a range of campaign activities these could be courses, free seminar, blog, email campaign, questionnaire, quiz for instance.
It’s the information, photo’s, results, stories from the events that will give you the media coverage you are looking for.
Each campaign should be planned to work together so that you can reach all target audiences across a number of channels
12 Steps to create your Content Strategy
- Building a Content Creation Framework
- Develop your blog editorial calendar available for download here
- Power of story telling
- Generating content ideas
- Identify the buyer’s journey
- Becoming an Effective Writer
- Planning a Long-term Content Strategy
- Extending the Value of Your Content Through Re purposing
- How to Effectively Promote Content
- Measuring and Analysing Your Content
- Developing a Growth Marketing Mentality
- Creating Topic Clusters and Pillar Pages
Remember: to carry out a content review to make sure all your content is consistent to brand, message and help you to reach your goals, targets or leads.