Development for Trainers are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
How we use your information
Data we receive or collect
When you first register as a member and set up your account we collect some Personal Information about you such as:
- your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
- a unique user ID which is automatically assigned to you upon registration
- other optional information as part of your account profile
- your IP Address and, when applicable, time stamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
- data and time of your last visit
- other information submitted by you or your representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc)
- your billing address and any necessary other information to complete any financial transaction, and when making purchases through the Services
- data from surveys that we use for research purposes
- user generated content (such as listings, profiles, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the site)
- images or other files that you may publish
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices via google analytics
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our site or services
Once registered all members and listing advertisers can access their information at any time via the Dashboard link at the top of the site, once on your dashboard you can access your account, listing and other details you have added to the site.
Our company will contact with our members via email, newsletter or social media.
E-newsletter – updates
All members and listing owners registered on the site receive a monthly newsletter. Full members receive work updates as new opportunities come in.
We use a third-party provider, Mail chimp which is based outside the Outside the EEA with privacy shield protection, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters and updates.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can opt out of the newsletter by emailing us email@example.com or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email newsletter.
We use a third-party provider, Hootsuite to schedule daily updates to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter we currently do not use Hootsuite to engage with our followers.
People who email us
We monitor all emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law. All emails from members are stored on our CRM system and the data is kept on our local server, details are not shared with others.
To comply with information retention best practice, Development for Trainers Ltd establish standard retention periods for different categories of information, keeping in mind any professional rules or regulatory requirements that apply and ensuring that those retention periods are being applied in practice. Any personal information that is no longer required will either be archived or deleted in a secure manner.
Development for Trainers Ltd retention periods for different memberships or listings owners personal information are based as below.
- Full Membership is yearly, you will be emailed and asked if you want to renew your membership, you can at this point renew, opt out and have your details removed or downgrade to a free listing
- Free Lifetime Membership gives you access till 2036 if you wish to opt out and or remove your details then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard and Premium Listings are yearly you will be emailed and asked if you want to renew your listing, you can at this point renew, opt out and have your details removed or downgrade to a free listing
- Free Listings stay active if you wish to opt out and remove your details then please email email@example.com
- Banner Advertising is yearly, you will be emailed and asked if you want to renew your banner advertising, you can at this point opt out and have your details removed or pay for another year of advertising.
- Guest Bloggers – personal data kept until you confirm in writing you wish to stop being a Guest Blogger
Development for Trainers Ltd understands the difference between permanently deleting a record and archiving it. If a record is archived or stored offline, it will reduce its availability and the risk of misuse or mistake. If it is appropriate to delete a record from a live system, Development for Trainers Ltd will also delete the record from any back-up of the information on that system, unless there are business reasons to retain back-ups or compensating controls in place.
Storing Financial information
Any payment transactions are via PayPal and they are encrypted. Credit card numbers are used for processing payment only via PayPal and are not copied or retained for other purposes by Development for Trainers.
Website & Email hosting
Our site’s website and emails are hosted by:
7-841 Sydney Street Suite #139
Cornwall, Ontario K6H 7L2
All data on the server is password protected by WordPress login and Database Login
Development for Trainers uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Development for Trainers website. We secure our Internet connection, Secure our devices and software, Control access to our data and services, put in place anti-malware measures and keep our devices and software up to date.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. and if you cannot remember it you will need to follow the link and reset a new one.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via email and over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Complaints and contact
We aim to respond to all enquiries and complaints within 48 hours
Members and Advertiser Details
As a member or advertiser you may create a listing on the site, once live your information is public and can be searched and found over the internet. You have control on what is seen by logging in and changing it via your dashboard.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including through our advertising partners.
They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- allow you to more easily find previously viewed content when you return to our site
These third-party functions and their associated privacy policies are:
Accepting or Declining cookies
Changes to Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
This policy will be reviewed periodically in light of changing business priorities and practices and to take into account any changes in legislation. This privacy notice was last updated on 02/05/2018
Please contact – Jackie Northedge – Director
Development for Trainers Ltd
2 James Drive, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1GX
Tel: 07960 289921
Via our contact form click here
Company Number 10227403 registered in England and Wales
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any concerns with the way in which Development for Trainers handles your data you have the right to complain to the ICO //ico.org.uk/ The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.